Here are today’s links :
- Augusta Correctional seeks full-time doctor for inmates
This article talks about a job that we’ve covered before, being a Prison Doctor and lists a salary range you can expect for the job in Augusta.
- Does America really need more doctors?
A sore subject for doctors is physician shortage and cutting salary. The article lists salaries for physicians in different specialties but also lists them for dentists, dental surgeons, optometrists, chiropractors, etc.
- Epic Systems to add 900 jobs (great for health IT)
If you’re interested in health IT, you might want to see if Epic has any spots for you. They’re one of the largest EMRs out there. Last I looked, there was a role for a Physician Adviser and may be a good stepping stone position towards a Chief Medical Information Officer position.
- Stop and Think Before Using Groupon to Promote Physician Services
I have to admit, I have been curious about how Groupon could play a role in things we do in the office. This article touches upon that.
- Average CRNA Salary in 2011 Nears $169k
Although this article isn’t about a physician’s salary, I just had to put it in there because the nurse anesthetist’s average salary is more than my own! Pretty cool…for them!