This week’s set of links is a mixture of positive articles with a couple debbie downers. The good news is that more students are interested in medicine with record high applications. Now, we just need more medical school spots. Also, take a look at the article about Radiology Physicians’ Compensation. It’s very enlightening. On the downside, it looks like hospitals are decreasing annual raises next year which lags behind group practices. And pharmaceutical companies continue to take a hit in increasing unemployment statistics. Although, I think the jobs being cut are likely the lower tier staff and not executives or positions requiring higher education degrees.
- 9 Statistics on Radiologist Compensation
- Novartis to eliminate 2,000 jobs
- Medical school applications hit new record, enrollment up 3%, AAMC finds
- Hospitals to give minimal doc raises next year
- Hospital IT should hit $6.5 billion in 2012, report says